Sunday, December 30, 2012

Brevity


           We have a new president, and I was reminded that my hope is not in men or politics or leaders, but it is in God.  God is the only One who can make any big, lasting changes.  He is in control, and I am so glad He is.  No other leader has His goodness, knowledge, or power.  I look forward to praying for the leaders of our country, for them to lead well, to be men of integrity, and for them to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
            I have seen God’s abundant provision lately.  For one, I received a support check from my Spokane church.  Thanks be to God, and to any of you who were a part of this recent gift.  I received encouraging notes, phone calls, and emails, all of which arrived in God’s timing.  My friend, Dan, has taught me about hunting, and processing deer.  He shot his buck opening morning of gun season, and I shot mine about 2 weeks after.  Both of them walked right up to us, out of nowhere (mine ran up to us!).  It was amazing to shoot my first animal, and I learned many new things since that buck died.  I have never hunted before this.  Thanks to God for His provision!
            Another example of God’s provision is when a friend on campus received a phone call from his church, telling him that he has enough finances for to finish his time at the Missionary Training Center.  His church took a love offering at Thanksgiving, and they were very generous.  I am glad to see God provide for others, and to rejoice with them.
            I went to this fall graduation on campus, and I left it saddened.  I have made several good friends in these few short months so far, and some of them left (because they graduated).  One big thing I learned or remembered this semester has been brevity—not brevity of life, just plain brevity.  Time is so short and goes by so fast.  I usually try to make the most of relationships, but at this pace I think I may need to step things up.  It is normal for me to be instant-friends with people, because I know time is short.  I am so excited for a giant reunion/party/hangout in Heaven with friends, and we won’t have to say goodbye.  Oh man, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment